In 1907, Joseph John Wood founded “Joseph J. Wood Heating and Tinning”, located in Washington D.C. During this time he worked as owner/operator servicing the D.C. area in tinning, heating and roof painting.

In 1937, the company was purchased by his son Joseph E. Wood and renamed “Jos. E. Wood Sheet Metal Work and Roofing.” In that earlier era, Joseph E. Wood established a company that provided roofing services for a rapidly growing Washington D. C. and metropolitan area. In those days, Mr. Wood, had the help of his sons – Joseph E. Wood Jr., Stanley R. Wood, and Ronald G. Wood, as well as other skilled roofing craftsmen. Using the equipment that today would be considered primitive – but guided by a reputation of commitment to quality workmanship – they began building a loyal customer base.

In 1962, the company was renamed to “J.E. Wood & Sons” and in 1973 was incorporated, changing the name to “J.E. Wood & Sons Co., Inc.” as it is now known.

Today, nearly a century later, many things have changed. The fourth generation of the Wood family, Stephen R. Wood and Stephanie R. Martin, now run the company with the same family commitment of quality workmanship and customer service along with our dedicated staff and employees. Our state of the art equipment and machinery are now spread throughout the company’s nearly 2-acre facility located in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. We are constantly looking for new ways to upgrade our roofing technology and our customers now come exclusively from the industrial and commercial sectors, ranging from schools to apartment houses, churches to government buildings, hotels to medical facilities.

But one thing is still as relevant today as it was in 1907 – a commitment to quality still serves as the guiding principal at our company. Top-quality roofing, unmatched responsiveness and customer service ... all delivered at a competitive price.

9701 Fallard Ct. • Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
(Phone) 301-599-7710 • (Fax) 301-599-7715 • (E-Mail) info@jewood.com